The Nest Coffee House is an important part of A Little Compassion Inc. with a goal of providing employment and social opportunities for young adults with disabilities. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage young adult applicants with autism and other intellectual and developmental disabilities to join our team. The Nest Coffee House believes opportunity will brew confidence. We are looking for employees willing to work hard and be an important part of our team.
We are currently accepting applications for both Barista & Cashier/Counter Server positions.
Ideal candidates will be up to the challenge of developing the following skills:
- Positive/friendly communication skills
- Willingness to learn new tasks
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Ability to reach items from shelving above shoulders
- Ability to follow multi-step instructions
- Ability to operate a cash register and make change
- Ability to receive constructive feedback
- Ability to stand, walk, and bend
- Ability to ask for help when needed
- Ability to be punctual and able to observe regular and consistent attendance
- Excellent personal hygiene
- Reliable means of getting to/from job
CLICK HERE to print our application.
Please send your completed application and a brief note to introduce yourself to The Nest Coffee House at the address listed on the application (The Nest Coffee House, 162A Main Street, Deep River, CT 06417)